1.Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your blog? How did you first get into blogging?
Well hello! I’m Daisy, I’m 30 and I come from the green hills of Derbyshire! My blog is what I would be like if I was a website. It shows off my love of fandoms (especially Harry Potter), my attempt at figuring out life and struggling with my mental health. Basically one barmy roller coaster! Haha!
2. You’ve had some fab opportunities through your connections in the fandom world – what’s been the best opportunity you’ve had so far?
Ooh, the best opportunity I’ve had would have to be going to the Fantastic Beasts screening last year where I got to see Eddie Redmayne, JK Rowling and the rest of the cast! It was incredible to be a part of and brilliant to tell you guys all about as well!
3. What do you think is the best “service” a blogger can provide their audience?
The best service a blogger can provide is honesty. Readers aren’t there to see you lying through your teeth about things. They appreciate seeing the real you behind the blog and end up feeling connected to you, which makes them come back to read more!
4. Do you have a full-time job as well? How do you find the time to run your blog so professionally?
HAHAHA!! My blog? Professional? I wish it was professional sometimes but I do my best so thanks for the compliment! I look after my mum full-time as she’s currently battling brain cancer. It’s difficult to find the time and the energy to get posts up every week but my readers are so lovely that they totally understand!
5. Has your blog changed since you first started it, to now? What was your first post about?
Oh heck yes!! I’m so happy about this! If I hadn’t changed, I’d have run to the hills!! My first post? I think it was chatting about Autumn and what I was looking forward to! I giggled at the different sizes of the pictures I used!
6. Do you have a favourite post that you’ve written? Does it differ from your most popular post?
Hmmm…I’m not one to really have favourites when it comes to my posts. Darn mental health! If I had to choose, it might be my Star Wars OOTD post (May The Force Be With You). It was my second time doing a fashion post like that and I actually liked the way my images ended up!
It does since my most popular is about a subscription box for mental health but I love the variation! Haha!
7. What’s been the best thing about your blogging journey?
Definitely meeting all the different bloggers! You create this giant family of friends from all over the country and world who support, encourage and fangirl with you! It’s an incredible network to be a part of and I’m so thankful for it!
8. We all know you’re a fantastic fandom blogger, but if you could do it all again, would you choose a different niche? Why/why not?
Honestly? Nope!! I love my niche way too much! There aren’t many of my kind about which is refreshing and I really enjoy getting the chance to completely nerd out at Harry Potter, Sherlock and Benedict Cumberbatch!
9. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money, but all know it’s not that easy. What advice would you give new bloggers?
Keep at it! You obviously began blogging because you had a passion for something like fashion, beauty or even fandoms. Being a blogger can be so difficult sometimes and you will have moments when you just want to pack it all in but please don’t. There are so many of us out there that you can chat to! You can take breaks and come back!
10. And finally, we want to share the love, so who would you like to see us interview in the next newsletter?
Ooooh!! I want to see Ali Caitrin next!! She’s an epic up-and-coming book blogger So GRILL HER!! MUHAHAHA!
Aaaand, if you have anything else you’d like to ask Dee, head over to Twitter now and get chatting!